Are you planning to go on a long trip? If yes, it is essential to keep all your belongings in a self-storage unit so that they remain absolutely safe while you are away enjoying. Renting a facility just for dumping all the stuffs is certainly not right but packing and arranging them properly for prolonged periods is mandatory. For tips that would stand helpful in such a case, feel free to check out the write-up given below.
- Starting from vehicles to jewelries, precious antiques, and furniture- almost everything can be stored but must be cleaned thoroughly beforehand. Wipe every item with a clean cloth and apply wax as well as oil upon them; doing so would successfully enhance their lustre and functionality.
- A typical storage unit measures almost hundred square feet. To make the best out of the space available, one must consider disassembling the bigger stuffs. For example, remove the legs of sofas, chairs, and tables. Also take out the planks of bed so that they do not break or warp. Tie all the disassembled things together and keep them in a corner.
- Valuable and fragile items must be offered more protection. Make sure to bubble wrap everything made up of glass such as lamps, mirrors, and photo frames. Plastic packaging must be avoided especially when it comes to fabrics or wood as it could lead to condensation, which in turn triggers mold growth.
- All electronic items must be kept in their original packaging as that would allow all delicate parts to remain as it is. Removing batteries is considered necessary. If you are not able to find the original packaging, consider covering the said gadgets with huge foam blocks and storing them in highly resilient boxes.
- Plastics are found in everyone’s household nowadays and they need to be preserved. Well, the stuffs made out of plastic do not have to be stored in any separate carton but coating their exteriors with baking soda mixture, plain vinegar, or apple cider can surely protect them from getting dilapidated.
- It is necessary to remember that exposure to direct sunlight, excess heat, and humidity above 35% can cause paper to damage. Thus, books, necessary documentation, and photographs should be stored with maximum caution. You can keep all of these in covered bins. Worms can be avoided through naphthalene or mothballs.
Taking the six tips stated above into account would most surely make storing stuffs extremely easy. It would let you have agreeable trip with utmost peace of mind.
Now there might be varied storage units near you but choosing randomly among them can lead to disappointment. Conducting a comprehensive research and seeking specialized recommendations stand to be viable. According to research, consumers must opt for those facilities that have the following characteristics:
- An appropriate size that could accommodate all kinds of belongings.
- Climate controlled or in other words the said unit must have heaters and air conditioners to maintain a consistent temperature.
- Absolutely secured with CCTVs, burglar alarms, digitized locks, etc.
- 24/7 accessibility so that one can reach his or her possessions any time of the day or night.
- Finally, yet importantly, considering the prices is also immensely important. It is necessary to go for providers, who offer self-storage units at affordable rates.
A self-storage unit that has the aforementioned features could be taken on rent right away.